Dark Circles Under Your Eyes ?
Dark Circles Under Your Eyes
We all know that sleepless nights can cause our eyes to puff up and create dark circles that sometimes make us think we are seeing a raccoon in the mirror.
This is because when we donít get enough sleep we are restricting blood flow to that delicate area.
Sometimes slowness in blood flow accumulates hemosiderin which is a pigment in skin that contains iron oxide.
Although this difficult to get rid of completely, some doctors believe that Vitamin K together with Retinol treatment can help a lot.
Another cause can be due to Melanin that causes skin to darken when exposed to sun. The more pigment skin has, the more Melanin is created.
This is especially true under eyes. This is why we all need to wear plenty of sunscreen not only on our bodies, but especially on our faces.
A lot of eye creams today have some sun screen and so do foundations. Try to find the type of cosmetics that will protect you from the sun.
Even when you are tempted to just soak that sun in, make sure you do this gradually and slowly and with sun screen rather than putting some oil on your face to attract all the bad rays.
Remember the old remedy for tired eyes is: Get at least 8 hours of sleep, drink at least 6 to 8 glasses of water, make sure you get your vitamins from foods you eat daily (any restrictions should be addressed with your doctor)
However, if you need a quick fix, you can always trust the instant pick me up compress:
1) Cleanse your face completely and rinse with warm water
2) Take two tea bags of black tea and soak it just a little bit in hot water (about two quick dunks, just until wet)
3) Place tea bags in refrigerator for 15 minutes
4) While waiting for tea to get cool, take cold cucumber and slice it into circles
5) Place one slice on each eyelid and close your eyes for 15 minutes in a very quiet place with dim lights if possible.
6) After 15 minutes, take out tea bag from fridge and place under eyes for 5 minutes.7) Rinse with cool water
This article is written by Gina. B.
- How To Make Kid's Mini Pizzas
- Keeping Nails Strong & Healthy
- How To Make Greek Salad
- The Different Types of Lovers
- Treating Symptoms of Premenstrual Syndrome
- Performance Review Video
- Happiness in Small Packages
- Going on the trip Video